1. When did realize that you wanted to be an author?
Since I was a teenager. I had a crazy childhood and it was a way to distance myself from the family.
2. How long does it take for you to write one of your books?
It could take a week to several months. I’ll write a rough draft most of the time and I like to put them off to the side for a week or so and then go back to it with new eyes.
3. How do you balance your work schedule when you’re busy writing?
Thankfully my job is writing. I’m very blessed to have a supportive husband.
4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Complete quiet. No music, or people. I can’t concentrate if it’s not like that.
5. How do you come up with ideas for your books?
There are so many ideas stuck in my head just ready to come out. I’ve no idea how they get there. Sometimes something I see or hear will be the start of a story for me.
6. When did you write your first book?
I was thirteen.
7. What are your hobbies when you’re not writing?
My hobbies are horse back riding, scrapbooking, gardening, reading, cooking, hiking, spending time with my family and dogs if you can call that a hobby.
8. What does your family and close friends think of your writing?
I’m very lucky. They are all extremely supportive.
9. What was one of the most interesting things that you learned about yourself when you published your first book?
That people actually wanted to read my books? LOL I learned if you fight hard enough you can do something you’ve always dreamed of doing. Nothing’s been easy for me, so I never tried to fulfill any dreams I’d ever, I always thought I’d fail. Until now.
10. How many books have you written? Which one is your favorite?
I have written thirty books but have only published seven at the moment. My favorite would probably be First Sight. Jessica comes from nothing and has had to struggle her whole life but she’s strong and puts herself through college and finds a job she adores, all on her own. She has some heartbreaking issues with Garrett, but her strength gets her through that also.
11. What do you think makes a good story?
Romance between two people and they have to overcome something that brings them closer together. Real life problems. I like other genre’s, but romance is the one I enjoy writing and reading the most.